Raise your hand if you’re in the mood for Almond Coconut Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes!
In the past few weeks, the boys and I have picked almost 50 pounds of strawberries. That sounds like a lot, doesn’t it? But would you believe I’m actually considering going back for more….
Most of the berries went into jam (naturally-sweetened, pectin-free recipe coming soon!), pies, and salad dressing. Of course we ate gobs and gobs of fresh berries. And the rest?
The rest were turned into these delightfully easy Almond Coconut Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes!
A food processor makes quick work of 8 simple ingredients to produce a ball of delicious shortcake dough. Turn it into cookies or bars, whatever floats your boat.
Either way, they’re simple and delicious. And egg-free, dairy-free, and grain-free. Woot!
Top with strawberries and coconut whipped cream (recipe coming soon!) and devour.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients and process until well blended.
- Form dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Press each ball lightly with two fingers or a greased fork.
- Alternatively, press the entire mixture into a glass baking dish to make almond coconut bars.
- Bake about 15-20* minutes, or until lightly browned. (Longer for a baking dish.)
- Eat the cookies plain, or make strawberry shortcakes by adding coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
Adapted from Eat Fat, Lose Fat