These biscuits are amazing. Amazingly simple and amazingly delicious!
We’ve enjoyed them with dinner **Mom Tip: Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits are particularly helpful when served with a not-so-popular main dish. Kids still have to eat their dinner, but a super yummy Bacon Biscuit lessens the ick factor** and with breakfast, too. These Bacon Biscuits make awesome little egg sandwiches!
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits are a slight adaptation of this original Almond Flour Biscuit recipe. I simply replaced some of the coconut oil with bacon drippings Oh yes, I did and added chopped cooked bacon to the dough. Yum!
As Older Bro likes to say “Bacon and butter make everything better.”
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits
I often double this recipe and refrigerate the leftovers.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add coconut oil, bacon drippings, eggs and honey and mix well.
- Fold in chopped, cooked bacon.
- Form the dough into small balls (like you're making cookies) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with two fingers.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer and reheat in a toaster oven.