Made with nutritious almond flour and free of refined sugar, these blueberry muffins will be a big hit at your house! We eat them for breakfast, usually with bacon or sausage or berry smoothies. They’re equally awesome as a snack or after-meal treat.
These blueberry muffins freeze well, too, so go ahead and make a double batch while you’re at it!
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 unbleached baking cups. (Or grease the tin.)
- Melt coconut oil in a small oven-proof bowl (in the oven, as it heats up).
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- When coconut oil has melted, measure 3 TB into a small bowl.
- Stir in the honey, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Fold in the berries and distribute evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until muffins are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in the fridge (or freezer).