These muffins are one of my new favorite grab-and-go breakfast items. They’re delicious and they freeze well, making them perfect for a make-ahead breakfast in the car. I’m planning to freeze a huge batch of these to have on hand after Baby Brother arrives.
Did you know that all Yankee Homestead recipes are gluten-free, with no refined sugar?
Carrot Banana Muffins
- 4 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 TB cinnamon
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 6 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups finely chopped crispy walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chop dates in a food processor.
- Add bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil to dates in food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Fill lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
Makes about 30 muffins.
More Favorite Muffin Recipes: