This recipe comes from Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats by Sally Fallon & Mary Enig. I highly recommend this book! It’s got lots of great recipes, as well as tons of info on coconut products (oil, milk, cream, shredded, etc) and how they contribute to a healthy diet, weight management and more.
Coconut Crusted Salmon
- 4 TB melted butter (I use coconut oil)
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 desiccated coconut (I use shredded coconut)
- 1 1/3 lbs wild salmon fillet (We get wild-caught salmon at Wegman’s. I use two packages for this recipe).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place salmon in a buttered glass dish. (I do not butter or oil my dish).
- Mix melted butter (or coconut oil) with salt, paprika and coconut in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture over each salmon fillet.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and crust is lightly browned.