We add Cooked Frozen Berries to many things at our house:
The method is rather self-explanatory, but in the interest of being thorough, I hereby present the instructions for Cooked Frozen Berries:
Cooked Frozen Berries
Any amount of frozen berries
Liquid stevia, if desired
1. Place berries in large pot on med-high heat.
2. Stir frequently. (I usually don’t follow this step, but it helps when I do)!
3. When berries no longer look frozen, turn heat to very low and cover pot.
4. Allow berries to simmer for approx. 30 minutes (or until you remember to turn off the burner).
5. At some point during the simmering or cooling stage, add liquid stevia to taste. (We like vanilla stevia, and I add a sizeable squirt).
6. Allow berries to cool, then place them in your storage containers. (I like to use recycled glass jars, for which this Norpro Stainless Steel Wide-Mouth Funnel is super-handy).
7. In my experience, Cooked Frozen Berries will keep in the fridge for two weeks or even more. I generally make a large batch and store several jars’ worth in the fridge. They can also be frozen.