We love this cornbread with Hamburger Soup. I make a double batch in a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- 1 bag Pamela’s Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia, to taste
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease 12-muffin tin or 8×8 baking pan. (I use coconut oil for this: Place a spoonful in the pan, then place the pan in the oven while you mix the batter).
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- (Remove pan from the oven and tilt it all around until evenly coated with coconut oil. Pour any extra oil back into the jar).
- Pour batter into tins or pan. (Batter will be very thick; you’ll need to spread it evenly if using a pan).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Adapted from this recipe: Pamela’s Sweet Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Alisa Fleming at GoDairyFree.org.
- Regular recipe makes 12 regularly-sized muffins or fills one 8×8 pan.
- Doubled recipe makes 24 regularly sized muffins or fills one 9×13 pan or a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- For a double recipe, I use 1 can coconut milk plus a little bit of water. (1 can of coconut milk is a little less than two cups).
This is a great recipe to have on hand for the holidays!