Last year, we had good success with this DEET-Free Bug Repellent, made from three essential oils in a spray bottle of water. This year, I’m adding another oil to the combination: Cedarwood.
Cedarwood Oil is reported to repel ticks, which are a major problem for us here in Northern Virginia.
I’m increasing the amount of oil this year, too. Keep in mind that this is a rather loose formula–feel free to experiment with the rate of dilution. Some folks apply these essential oils without any dilution at all, while others dilute even more than I do. Do what works best for you!
- 4 oz spray bottle (glassor plastic see notes)
- 25-30 drops doTERRA Purify Cleansing Blend
- 25-30 drops doTERRA TerraShield Repellent Blend
- 20-25 drops Peppermint
- 25 drops Cedarwood
- 10 drops Lavender
- 10 drops Eucalyptus
- 10 drops Arborvitae
- Combine essential oils in a 4 oz. dark glass spray bottle.
- Add water to fill.
- Insert spray top.
- Shake well before each use.
- Optional: add custom label.
Here’s a little video I made about my DIY Bug Spray…