A personal DIY Essential Oil Inhaler is a great way to access oils aromatically on the go.
A cinch to make, they’re safe for kids and grownups alike. Perfect for use in the car, at work, or at school. Stash one in a purse, backpack, desk drawer, or wherever you need it most!
My current favorites are Peppermint, which I keep in my purse for occasional stomach upset in the car, and Breathe, which helps me a lot during anxious moments. Read more about that here: Essential Oil Survival Kit for Anxious Flyers.
DIY Essential Oil Inhaler
What You Need:
- For adults, add about 15 drops to the cotton pad that came with your inhaler. For children, you may want to add less essential oil. Choose from the oils listed below, according to your personal needs.
- Insert the cotton pad into the body of the inhaler.
- Secure the bottom cap.
- Add the cover, and stash in an appropriate location.
To Use Your Inhaler:
- Remove the cover.
- Place directly under the nostrils.
- Inhale deeply several times, breathing slowly.
- Repeat as needed.
Which Essential Oil Should You Choose?
- Breathe blend
- Melaleuca (tea tree)
- Siberian Fir
Focus and Concentration:
Calming / Relaxing:
- Roman Chamomile
- Ylang Ylang
- Wild Orange
- Balance blend
- Serenity blend
- Peace blend
- Console blend