This Easy Seasoning Salt with Essential Oils was fantastic on a slow cooked roast, and would work well for other meats too. Here’s what I did to prepare the roast…
Slow Cooked Roast with
Essential Oil Seasoning Salt
Tip: After enjoying your roast, use the leftover meat to make this delicious Paleo Beef & Veggie Soup with Sweet Potato.
1. Place a large roast in the slow cooker. (Mine was about 4 lbs.)
2. Pour about ½ cup red wine over the meat.
3. Pour about ½ cup balsamic vinegar over the meat.
4. Sprinkle with seasoning salt to cover the roast, lifting it a bit to cover the underside.
5. Add broth to barely cover the roast.
6. Cook all day on low.
(Optional: rub the roast with the seasoning salt ahead of time. Cover and store in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Follow the steps above, omitting #4.)
This post contains affiliate links.
Seasoning Salt with Essential Oils
2 TB unrefined sea salt
2 drops Basil essential oil
1 drop Thyme essential oil
1 drop Marjoram essential oil
1 drop Rosemary essential oil
1 drop Lavender essential oil
1 drop Fennel essential oil
- Place the salt in a small mixing bowl (or a cereal bowl).
- Add essential oils.
- Use a whisk or spoon to combine.
- Transfer to storage jar.
- Add a label!
Adapted from EatPlant’s recipe for Provence Seasoning Salt.
Perfect for Gift-Giving
Make a huge batch of Easy Seasoning Salt with Essential Oils, add to cute glass jars with decorative labels, and give them as gifts! Include suggestions for use, such as my slow cooked roast listed above.