Sugar scrubs are one of my favorite gifts to make with essential oils. This multitasking recipe fights both winter blues and dry, winter skin. Plus, it smells great.
3 Reasons to Love Sugar Scrubs:
- Easy: only 3 ingredients!
- Inexpensive: the perfect gift for teachers, neighbors, hostesses, etc.
- Effective: sugar exfoliates, coconut oil moisturizes and essential oil adds therapeutic benefits.
During the winter, I won’t be caught without a cute little jar of sugar scrub by my kitchen sink and in the shower. Daily use really helps to keep my hands soft all winter long. Bonus: Pair a moisturizing sugar scrub with this awesome hard lotion, and your hands will be all set for the winter.
Last week, I whipped up a batch with this new combination of essential oils: Bergamot and Rosemary.
Both oils have a pleasant smell, but I chose them for their therapeutic value:
- Bergamot is well known among the citrus oils for its uplifting qualities. It can help to lessen sad and anxious feelings.
- Rosemary helps reduce nervous tension and fatigue, and combines nicely with Bergamot. Plus, it supports healthy immune function.
It’s up to you, but I like to use a ratio of approximately 2:1 for my sugar scrubs. Two parts sugar to one part coconut oil.
The amount of essential oil is also a personal preference. For one cup of sugar scrub (which fills (2) 4-oz. jars), try 10-20 drops of EO.
What’s your favorite combination of oils for sugar scrubs?