Homemade Shower Vapor Disks have been on my must-try list for some time now. When I finally made a batch for my family, I couldn’t believe how easy it was!
We’re talking two simple ingredients, folks: baking soda and water. Mix, bake, cool, and add essential oils. Presto! Soothing respiratory relief in an easy-to-use delivery method.
When someone at your house is feeling a bit stuffy in the head or the chest, simply place a Homemade Shower Vapor Disk on the shower floor. Breathe deeply during your shower to draw the essential oils into the sinuses and lungs. Feel free to add extra essential oil to the disk just prior to use.
If you’re looking for natural ways to support the immune system, be sure to grab this free printable list of 20 Ways to Support the Immune System with Essential Oils. There’s a version for kids, too: 25 Ways to Keep Kids Healthy with Essential Oils.
Homemade Shower Vapor Disks make a great gift, too! Find a pretty jar and stack the disks inside. Good ol’ mason jars work well. Add a fun label and embellish the jar, if you like. Purchase water resistant labels here.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ⅓ cup water
- muffin tin*
- cupcake liners
- essential oils: Eucalyptus, Lavender & Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix baking soda and water to form a paste.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners, filling each liner about halfway.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then add about 3 drops each of Eucalyptus, Lavender & Rosemary essential oils to each disk.
- For gift-giving, stack several vapor disks (with liners) in a pretty glass jar.
- To use, simply place a disk on the shower floor and allow the steam to diffuse the oils as you shower.