Here’s an easy way to jazz up leftover brown rice. With a few simple additions, it becomes a whole new dish!
Leftover Brown Rice with Pine Nuts, Raisins & Spinach
This recipe was inspired by the October 2014 edition of Country Living magazine.
- Leftover brown rice
- Coconut oil
- Spinach, fresh or frozen
- Minced garlic
- Pine nuts
- Golden raisins
- Unrefined sea salt
- Toast pine nuts lightly. (I did this right in the cast iron skillet, over medium-low heat.) Set aside.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the skillet.
- Sauté spinach & minced garlic.
- Fold in brown rice, golden raisins & toasted pine nuts.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Add unrefined sea salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!