Recently I shared about this powerful combination of two essential oils for respiratory support. But those aren’t the only two! Many essential oils work to promote open airways and clear breathing.
More essential oils for respiratory support
- Breathe Respiratory Blend (Laurel Leaf, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lemon, Ravensara, Cardamom)
- DigestZen Digestive Blend (Ginger, Peppermint, Caraway, Coriander, Anise, Tarragon, Fennel)
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
- Breathe vapor stick
- Breathe respiratory drops
How to use essential oils for respiratory support
When targeting respiratory health, you’ll primarily want to use these essential oils topically and aromatically. To maintain general wellness, I recommend working a consistent method into your daily routine.
For a more targeted approach, aim for at least three applications per day from the list below. You’ll also want to incorporate immune supportive oils. Get my free printable list of 20 Ways to Support the Immune System with Essential Oils.
- Add 4-8 drops to a diffuser. Breathe is a great choice.
- Place 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, then cup and inhale.
- Dilute and apply to chest, neck, upper back, and soles of feet.
- Dilute and apply Lemon to the bridge of the nose.
- Dilute and apply DigestZen over the sinuses and behind the ears.
- Add 1-2 drops Lemon or Peppermint to a glass of water or cup of warm tea.
- Add a few drops to a steaming mug of water and inhale the vapors. Maximize the effect by creating a steam tent with a large towel. More specifics here.
Examples of a daily routine for respiratory support
- 2 drops Lemon in a glass of water first thing in the morning.
- Cup and inhale 1 drop Breathe as needed throughout the day.
- Diluted Frankincense and Lime applied to the chest and neck at bedtime.
- 6 drops Breathe in the bedroom diffuser overnight.
What are your favorite ways to use essential oils for respiratory support?