For some reason, January always seems to usher in an enormous wave of Organization and Home Beautification at my house. Add pregnancy to the mix, and I am in serious Nesting Mode.
One of my most exciting discoveries last week was a Heavy Duty Laundry Bag from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Did you read about our awesome Laundry Sorting Closet?
Well, some of the canvas laundry bags hanging in the Sorting Closet have lost their grommets. It’s a shame, because the bags themselves are still perfectly fine, but the grommets have ripped out from repeated wear and tear.
The bag were an excellent find–$6 each at HomeGoods. When it came time to replace them, however, there was not a bag to be found that met all the criteria: natural color, heavy duty canvas, silver grommets.
But last week I found just the thing at Bed Bath & Beyond! At $10 each, the bags are a bit pricier than my HomeGoods jackpot, but with a coupon it turned out to be about the same.
Check out a few other Nesting Projects currently under way:
- Transforming Older Brother’s room into the Big Brothers’ Room, complete with bunk beds and the possibility of matching dressers. There is a chance we’ll have to completely re-vamp and relocate major wall-mounted shelves and light fixtures…it’s kind of stressing me out. 🙂
- Completing the Master Bedroom Re-do: bedding, additional lighting and a picture gallery wall.
- Adding Book Storage to our main level, in the dining room and living room.
- Overhauling our Spare Room, which functions as overflow guest quarters and home school storage room and has never really been decorated.
- Updating the Nursery: closet organization (pictured at the very top), curtain embellishments, added book and toy storage, assembly of new crib.
- Constructing “Display Shelves for Block Creations”, because Legos, Duplos, Trios, K’nex and the like are constantly threatening to overtake every flat surface in the playroom.