These truffles are my new favorite treat–easy to make and good for you, too. And what could be better than an easy summer treat that doesn’t require the use of an oven?
- 5 TB coconut cream concentrate, softened (I used homemade coconut butter
- 4 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 TB raw honey (or more)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (I used crispy pecans and hazlenuts*)
- (Soften coconut butter or cream.)
- (Chop nuts and place in a bowl for rolling.)
- Add all ingredients except nuts to a food processor and pulse (or mix by hand in a bowl) until well-combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate mixture about 20 minutes until it hardens a bit, but is still soft enough to roll into balls.
- Form into small balls and roll in chopped nuts.
- Store in the fridge. (They'll harden even more when you leave them in the fridge for an hour or so.)
Adapted from this recipe: Easy Chocolate Truffles.