I’ll admit it: I used to look down on the lowly meatloaf, that classic dinner dish served for decades by housewives across the nation. That is, until I met this Paleo Crockpot Sweet Potato Meatloaf. This ain’t your grandma’s meatloaf!
This grain-free, nutrient-dense, and dare I say delicious version of the humble meatloaf has earned a regular spot on my family’s meal rotation. When you try it, I bet you’ll add this Paleo Crockpot Sweet Potato Meatloaf to your make-often recipe list, too!
With only seven ingredients, it’s a snap to throw together. I mix everything together right in the crockpot!
Serve this Paleo Crockpot Sweet Potato Meatloaf with a few simply prepared veggies such as Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon, Roasted Carrots, Mashed Cauliflower Faux-tatoes, Sauteed Red Peppers, or Sauteed Spinach with Bacon. Add these easy and delicious Almond Flour Biscuits, if you like.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups grated sweet potato (about 2 small potatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly, and dry.
- Cut potatoes to fit through food processor. (No need to peel.)
- Shred sweet potatoes with the grating blade of your food processor.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to the crockpot.
- Add ground beef and remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
- Mix well, then use a spatula or the back of a big spoon to press mixture into the bottom of the crock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.