Raspberry Basil Chicken is a new favorite at our house, a big hit with all three of my boys. Just the other night, Mr. Native Texan suggested that I serve the sauce at every meal, so he can pour it over everything he eats.
I’ll take that as a compliment!
I always get a hankerin’ to make Raspberry Basil Chicken when my own basil is growing like crazy out in the garden. Bonus points if you use homemade raspberry or blueberry jam!
By the way, I usually make Raspberry Basil Chicken with blueberry jam. Which technically makes it Blueberry Basil Chicken, but oh well. It’s fantastic either way.
Serve Raspberry Chicken with a bunch of simple, healthy sides such as…
- Roasted Veggies
- Mashed Cauliflower Faux-tatoes
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon
- Sauteed Red Peppers
- Sauteed Spinach with Bacon
- Green Beans Almondine with OJ
- Leftover Brown Rice with Pine Nuts, Spinach & Raisins
- Toasted Quinoa with Sauteed Veggies
And the leftovers are highly versatile, so go ahead and make plenty of this delicious chicken.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless skinless thighs
- ⅓ cup fruit-only raspberry jam (or blueberry jam)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice (or water + liquid stevia to taste)
- 3 TB wheat-free tamari soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1-2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves (or a bunch of chopped fresh basil)
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Place chicken in greased, shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour half over chicken, reserving the other half for later.
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake chicken for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat remaining sauce and serve over chicken.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if you like.
Adapted from Cooking Free.