These are the books I’m currently reading, or have read in the past few months:
- A Woman’s Wisdom: How the Book of Proverbs Speaks to Everything by Lydia Brownback
- Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God’s Will by Kevin DeYoung
- Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry by Stacy Malkan
- Hints on Child-Training by Henry Clay Trumbull
- Great Books of the Christian Tradition by Terry W. Glaspey
- American Folk Songs for Children, in Home, School and Nursery School: A Book for Children, Parents and Teachers by Ruth Seeger
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic
- The Most Misused Verses in the Bible: Surprising Ways God’s Word Is Misunderstood by Eric J. Bargerhuff
- Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper
- Drawing With Children: A Creative Method for Adult Beginners, Too by Mona Brookes
- Home Education, Vol. 1 of Charlotte Mason’s Original Homeschooling Series by Charlotte Mason
I’ve enjoyed each of them, finding helpful nuggets to apply to some area of my life.
Stay tuned as I share favorite quotes from and reviews of a few of these books in the days ahead…
What’s on your reading list?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page