Clove oil gives off a warm, spicy aroma that always reminds me of fall and the holidays. But clove oil also provides important health benefits.
From immune support to cardiovascular health to dental care and more, here are 12 ways to use clove oil…
Pssst! If you prefer watching videos over reading a blog post, here’s my video with 8 ways to use clove oil.
12 ways to use clove oil
- Teething: dilute and rub on gums
- Mouth discomfort: dilute and rub on gums (Try it for dental procedures!)
- Oral health: add 1 drop to your toothbrush daily, add a drop to your toothpaste, add 1 drop to your coconut oil for oil pulling, swish 1 drop in water daily
- Irritated throat: gargle with 1-2 drops Clove in a cup of warm water
- Skin bumps: for stubborn skin bumps that are fungal in nature, apply 1 drop daily, undiluted
- Splinters: apply 1 drop (and then wait a bit) to help draw out a splinter
- Head bugs: make a spray of Melaleuca & Clove – 3 drops each in 8 oz spray bottle of water
- Antioxidant + Immune support: take internally in a capsule, in a glass of water, or dilute and apply topically
- Cardiovascular support: take internally in a capsule
- Thyroid health: combine 5 drops Clove, 5 drops Lemongrass, 5 drops Blue Tansy, 8 drops Myrrh in a 10 ml roller and apply to base of throat daily
- Elderberry Syrup: I have substituted a few drops of Clove oil if I happen to be out of whole cloves.
- Diffuser blends:
- 4 drops Siberian Fir
- 2 drops Cinnamon
- 2 drops Douglas Fir
- 1 drops Clove
Home Sweet Home
- 3 drops Tangerine
- 3 drops Rosemary
- 1 drops Clove
What are your favorite ways to use Clove oil?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page