From tummy troubles to bug spray to respiratory support and so much more, Peppermint is definitely one of the oils you want to keep on hand in your natural health care cabinet. Today I’m excited to share with you 28 ways to use Peppermint oil!
Peppermint is one amazingly multi-tasking essential oil, which is why it’s considered one of the top ten oils. With this one oil, you can handle a whole bunch of common household concerns.
Note: Peppermint oil packs quite a punch, especially when it gets in your eye! If you do get Peppermint oil in your eye, it will be an experience you’ll never forget! I do not recommend it. Always use caution when applying Peppermint to the head or face.
Here are 28 awesome ways to reap the benefits of this amazing essential oil…
28 Ways to Use Peppermint Oil
2. Spring Survival Water Bottle Blend: Add 1 drop each of Lavender, Lemon, & Peppermint to a glass or bottle of water and sip throughout the day.
7. Holiday Diffuser Blends: Peppermint combines well with other mints, firs, citrus, and more to fill your house with holiday aromas. Free printable list here.
8. Respiratory Support: Peppermint helps to keep the airways open. Instructions here.
Around the House:
Moods & Emotions:
12. Focus & Concentration: Peppermint is well known for promoting clear thinking, focus, and concentration. Diffuse it or dilute and apply to the back of the neck. Combines well with Wild Orange, as well as other essential oils listed here.
13. Alertness: Diffuse with Wintergreen or Spearmint.
14. Energy: Place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, then rub hands together and cup and inhale. Dilute and apply with Wild Orange & Frankincense to the back of the neck. Diffuse with citrus or fir oils.
15. Digestive support: Dilute and apply to the stomach. Drink 1 drop in a glass of water.
18. Muscles & joints: Dilute and massage into areas of concern.
20. Soothe itchy skin: Dilute and apply or mix with water and spray onto irritated skin.
21. Airplane travel: Take Peppermint along on your next flight to help anxious flyers (like me), keep your body cool, freshen breath, and calm stomach upset. Check out this Survival Kit for Anxious Flyers.
22. Flavor boost: Add 1 drop to coffee, homemade mint chip ice cream, brownies, and more.
23. Decrease milk supply: dilute and apply to breasts.
24. Exercise performance: drink 1-2 drops in a glass of water, rub onto temples and back of neck.
25. Fresh breath: Add 1 drop to a glass of water and sip, or (if you’re brave), place 1 drop on your tongue.
26. Personal inhaler: Keep Peppermint handy for clear breathing, mood support, energy & alertness, and upset tummies.
27. Road trips: Diffuse in the car to prevent motion sickness, keep the driver alert, and maintain fresh smelling air.
BONUS: More Ways to Use Peppermint Oil
Check out these two videos for more ways to use Peppermint oil…
What would you add to my list of favorite ways to use Peppermint oil? How do you use Peppermint at your house?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page