Since I compiled our list of 9 Favorite Children’s Books for Summer, we‘ve discovered a few new favorites. I highly recommend each of the following three titles. Enjoy!
3 More Favorite Children’s Books for Summer
1. The Raft is such a great story, with absolutely beautiful illustrations. A young boy has to spend the summer with his “river rat” grandmother. His discovery of an abandoned raft leads to numerous adventures, providing a summer he’ll never forget. Older Brother (almost-7) and I both highly recommend this title!
2. Pictures from Our Vacation was thoroughly enjoyed by each member of our family. The boys requested to read this one over and over. At a few spots, we all laughed out loud, heartily–even after many readings. Love the illustrations in this book, as well as the entire story line of a family’s cross-country vacation.
3. Lucy’s Summer recounts the summer activities of the author’s real-life grandmother, who grew up in New England around the turn of the century. Classic Americana, with beautifully etched illustrations. (We first discovered Lucy in the book Lucy’s Christmas, which we also enjoyed.)
More favorite titles for summer:
- 9 Favorite Children’s Books for Summer
- Favorite Children’s Books about Seeds and Gardening
- More Delightful Children’s Books about Gardening
- Our 4th of July Book Display
- Favorite Children’s Books about the Beach
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…