Looking for a few new ways to use lemon oil?
Lemon is one powerful essential oil: use it to support immune function, respiratory health, digestion, mood, energy, and more. Plus it’s great for cleaning, deodorizing, and general grease, grime, and stain removal.
I like to start each each day by drinking one full glass of water with 1-2 drops Lemon oil.
Here’s why: just 1-2 drops of Lemon oil in a full glass of water…
- helps me wake up
- boosts my mood
- increases my energy
- supports healthy digestion
- provides a gentle detox and supports my liver
- encourages healthy lymphatic drainage
- supports my immune function
- soothes my drippy nose
- provides metabolic support
Starting the day with a glass of lemon water is a powerful way to support overall good health, but there are so many other ways to use lemon oil. To get you started, here’s a list of 33 of my favorite ways to use lemon oil!
33 Ways to Use Lemon Oil
- Add 1 drop to a glass of water and sip throughout the day for a gentle detox, liver support, immune support, metabolic support, and lymphatic support. (Or use a glass or stainless steel water bottle, but never plastic!)
- Kick your daily Lemon water up a notch by turning it into this magic tonic with apple cider vinegar.
- Dilute and apply to neck for extra immune support.
- Dilute and apply to neck and chest for respiratory support.
- Add 20-40 drops to a 16 oz spray bottle for an all purpose cleaning spray.
- Add about 5 drops to your washing machine for deodorizing and to help with stains. More details here.
- Add 1-2 drops to each dryer ball in your dryer for fresh smelling laundry. More details here.
- Apply 1 drop directly to stains before washing. I like to combine with eco-friendly stain remover. More details here.
- Use a few drops to remove paint, grease, or sap from your hands. Or make a lemon sugar scrub for the same purpose. It’s the most effective solution I’ve found for my hands after I’ve been painting or gardening, etc.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in the fridge or trash can for deodorizing power.
- Combine with Lavender and Peppermint to soothe seasonal irritations. Use topically (dilute first), internally, and aromatically. More tips for spring survival here.
- Add 1 drop to a cup of warm tea for immune and respiratory support, and to soothe an irritated throat.
- Combine with On Guard and Melaleuca in a cup of warm water and gargle for immune and respiratory support and to soothe an irritated throat.
- Combine with On Guard, Melaleuca, Oregano, and Thyme for a topical immune support roller blend.
- Soak glass bottles in a bowl of warm water with a few drops of Lemon oil for easy removal of sticky goo left behind by labels or stickers.
- Add a few drops to a microfiber cloth and use it to clean the surface of your phone.
- Try this natural nail polish remover recipe.
- Dilute and apply topically or inhale or diffuse to soothe occasional nausea.
- Boost your mood and increase energy by diffusing Lemon with other citrus oils like Lime, Wild Orange, Grapefruit, etc.
- Diffuse Lemon with Peppermint for energy and concentration or with Rosemary for memory and concentration.
- Knock out stubborn sinus issues and promote open airways with a steam tent. Instructions here for my mug of death method.
- Reduce the appearance of pesky veins by diluting Lemon with Cypress and applying topically.
- Take in a capsule, glass of water, or apply topically to reduce water retention.
- Support kidneys to break up stones by drinking in water and applying topically with a heat pack.
- Dilute and apply over the bridge of the nose to stop a drippy nose.
- Soothe occasional heartburn or reflux by taking Lemon and Ginger oils in a capsule or glass of water.
- Add a few drops to your facial cleanser or moisturizer for a healthy complexion. Exercise caution: do not apply to the face or skin immediately before sun exposure.
- Soak fresh berries and fruit in a bowl of water with several drops of Lemon oil to clean and preserve freshness.
- Soak apple slices in water with Lemon oil to prevent browning. Or make a simple spray with water and Lemon oil and spritz each slice, front and back.
- Add a drop to your dishwasher soap to boost cleansing power.
- Combine a few drops with a carrier oil in a mini sprayer for a natural and moisturizing hand sanitizer.
- Use a few drops to replace lemon juice in marinade or salad dressing recipes.
- To remove permanent marker, crayon, and other marks from surfaces in your home, use Lemon oil on a cotton ball. Like this.
What’s your favorite way to use Lemon oil?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page