Have you checked out our list of Favorite Picture Books for Fall? It’s got thirteen of our favorite fall titles to help you celebrate the natural bounty of the season–leaves, apples and more–with your favorite youngsters.
We love, love, love fall here at the Yankee Homestead, and I’m always on the lookout for great new books to add to our collection. Here are a few more…
4 More Favorite Books for Fall
1. Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden by George Levenson
Excellent photos accompany the story of a pumpkin’s life cycle.
2. Leaf Jumpers by Carole Gerber
Detailed drawings of a variety of fall leaves: oak, maple, birch, willow, sycamore, etc.
3. Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington
Delightful little tale of Annie the Apple Farmer and the many ways she puts her apples to use.
4. The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
Sweet and beautifully illustrated story of a little leaf who hangs on and on as winter approaches, until…
More Books and Ideas for Celebrating Fall with Children
- Favorite Picture Books for Fall
- Exploring Nature with Kids: Fall Leaves
- Exploring Nature with Kids: Fall Wildflowers
- Exploring Nature with Kids: The Nature Display
- Quintessential Fall Day: Pumpkin Picking
- Favorite Halloween Picture Books
- Favorite Thanksgiving Stories for Children
What are your favorite books for fall?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page