Raise your hand if you’re in the mood for Almond Coconut Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes!
In the past few weeks, the boys and I have picked almost 50 pounds of strawberries. That sounds like a lot, doesn’t it? But would you believe I’m actually considering going back for more….
The rest were turned into these delightfully easy Almond Coconut Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes!
A food processor makes quick work of 8 simple ingredients to produce a ball of delicious shortcake dough. Turn it into cookies or bars, whatever floats your boat.
Either way, they’re simple and delicious. And egg-free, dairy-free, and grain-free. Woot!
Top with strawberries and coconut whipped cream and devour.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients and process until well blended.
- Form dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Press each ball lightly with two fingers or a greased fork.
- Alternatively, press the entire mixture into a glass baking dish to make almond coconut bars.
- Bake about 15-20* minutes, or until lightly browned. (Longer for a baking dish.)
- Eat the cookies plain, or make strawberry shortcakes by adding dairy-free coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
Adapted from Eat Fat, Lose Fat
Let’s get real! I’m Kathleen Henderson, your Natural Living Mentor, and I’m on a mission to help families see the joy in real food, while finding natural remedies and creating a nontoxic home.