These biscuits are amazingly simple and amazingly delicious!
We’ve enjoyed them with dinner–Mom Tip: Bacon Biscuits are particularly helpful when served with a not-so-popular main dish. Kids still have to eat their dinner, but a super yummy Bacon Biscuit makes it so much better–and with breakfast, too. These Bacon Biscuits make awesome little egg sandwiches!
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits are a slight adaptation of this original Almond Flour Biscuit recipe. I simply replaced some of the coconut oil with bacon drippings Oh yes, I did and added chopped cooked bacon to the dough. Yum!
As Older Bro likes to say “Bacon and butter make everything better.”
Do you know this amazing tip? Check out my method for How to Make Perfect Bacon with Zero Mess.
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits
I often double this recipe and refrigerate the leftovers.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add coconut oil, bacon drippings, eggs and honey and mix well.
- Fold in chopped, cooked bacon.
- Form the dough into small balls (like you're making cookies) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with two fingers.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer and reheat in a toaster oven.
Let’s get real! I’m Kathleen Henderson, your Natural Living Mentor, and I’m on a mission to help families see the joy in real food, while finding natural remedies and creating a nontoxic home.