These biscuits are amazing. Amazingly simple and amazingly delicious!
We’ve enjoyed them with dinner **Mom Tip: Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits are particularly helpful when served with a not-so-popular main dish. Kids still have to eat their dinner, but a super yummy Bacon Biscuit lessens the ick factor** and with breakfast, too. These Bacon Biscuits make awesome little egg sandwiches!
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits are a slight adaptation of this original Almond Flour Biscuit recipe. I simply replaced some of the coconut oil with bacon drippings Oh yes, I did and added chopped cooked bacon to the dough. Yum!
As Older Bro likes to say “Bacon and butter make everything better.”
Do you know this amazing tip? Check out my method for How to Make Perfect Bacon with Zero Mess.
Almond Flour Bacon Biscuits
I often double this recipe and refrigerate the leftovers.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add coconut oil, bacon drippings, eggs and honey and mix well.
- Fold in chopped, cooked bacon.
- Form the dough into small balls (like you're making cookies) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with two fingers.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer and reheat in a toaster oven.
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page