This gluten and dairy-free pizza recipe was a big hit with my Yankee Homestead family, all the way down to our last little pickiest eater. Little Brother is four, and will not eat cheese or tomatoes. Which sort of rules out traditional pizza.
So we’ve been experimenting with slightly non-conventional pizza toppings, like this Thai pizza, in an effort to slowly acclimate him to the idea of eating pizza. My hope is that once we accomplish that, we can work on getting him to eat pizza with tomato sauce, and maybe even cheese!
Until then, I’ll be relying on this recipe for our easy pizza nights. Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Please note that the amounts listed are approximations. This recipe is more of a loose guide. 🙂 Feel free to tailor it to suit your needs, preferences and available ingredients.
- 1 GF pizza crust
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (I used the leftover sauce from the BBQ chicken.)
- 2 cups BBQ chicken, shredded (I love the recipe from this cookbook.)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 cups black beans, cooked
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- shredded raw cheddar (optional)
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust instructions.
- Place frozen crust on pizza stone or pan.
- Spread BBQ sauce on crust.
- Top with diced bell pepper, black beans, corn, optional fresh chopped cilantro and chicken.
- If desired, shredded raw cheddar can be added at this point.
- Bake according to pizza crust instructions (about 10 minutes at 500°).
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page