Made with nutritious almond flour and free of refined sugar, these blueberry muffins will be a big hit at your house!
These blueberry muffins freeze well, too, so go ahead and make a double batch while you’re at it!
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 unbleached baking cups. (Or grease the tin.)
- Melt coconut oil in a small oven-proof bowl (in the oven, as it heats up).
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- When coconut oil has melted, measure 3 TB into a small bowl.
- Stir in the honey, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Fold in the berries and distribute evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, until muffins are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Tip: If you make a bunch and plan to reheat for future use, under-bake them slightly. They'll toast up just right when reheated the next day.
- Store in the fridge (or freezer).
Let’s get real! I’m Kathleen Henderson, your Natural Living Mentor, and I’m on a mission to help families see the joy in real food, while finding natural remedies and creating a nontoxic home.