These Carrot Banana Muffins are one of my new favorite grab-and-go breakfast items. They’re both delicious and easy to freeze, which is perfect for a make-ahead breakfast you can eat in the car. I’m also planning to freeze a huge batch of these to have on hand after Baby Brother arrives.
Packed with nutritious almond flour plus fruit and veggies, these Carrot Banana Muffins are definitely kid-friendly. I like to serve them with bacon, plus fresh fruit or a fruit smoothie.
Did you know that all Yankee Homestead recipes are gluten-free, with no refined sugar?
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chop dates in a food processor.
- Add bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil to dates in food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Fill lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
Check out the original recipe at Elana’s Pantry.
More Muffin Recipes:
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page