This recipe comes from Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats by Sally Fallon & Mary Enig. I highly recommend this book! It’s got lots of great recipes, as well as tons of info on coconut products (oil, milk, cream, shredded, etc) and how they contribute to a healthy diet, weight management and more.
Coconut Crusted Salmon
- 4 TB melted butter (I use coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1 lb to 1 1/3 lb wild caught salmon fillet, cut into individual portions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place salmon pieces skin side down in a glass dish.
- Mix melted butter or coconut oil with salt, paprika and shredded coconut in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture over each salmon fillet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and crust is lightly browned.
Other recipes you might like:
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…