Just when my friends and assorted family members thought I couldn’t get any crunchier…
…along came a few crunchy books that are sort of changing my life. Yep, I’m crankin’ the crunch up a notch thanks to the books listed below.
These books are changing Mr. Native Texan’s life, too, y’all.
I talk so much about these crunchy books that he either decides to read the book himself or it feels like he’s read the book himself. Or at least like he’s listened to the crazy wife audio version…
Nothing in these books has been exactly new information.
But, to borrow the words of Michael Pollan from the introduction to Wendell Berry’s book Bringing It To The Table (the next crunchy book on my list), the ideas are presented in a way that is “at once perfectly obvious and completely arresting”.
If the following topics are important to you…
- the quality of your food & where it comes from
- how what you eat affects your health
- how to change your health with what you eat
- reducing toxins in your home, life, & environment
- simplifying your possessions & pace of life
- living a more meaningful life
- stewarding the earth and its natural resources
- raising a generation of kids who can think for themselves
…you might need to read these crunchy books, too!
5 Crunchy Books that are Changing My Life
Listed in approximate order of life-changing-ness…
I’ve also enjoyed these crunchy books recently…
Oldies but Goodies
I’ve mentioned these before, but if they’re new to you, you’ll definitely want to add them to your list. They’re foundational for anyone concerned about true nutrition.
Next on My List
A few more titles I still want to read…
- The Marvelous Pigness of Pigs and other titles by Joel Salatin
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
- Bringing It To The Table and other titles by Wendell Berry
- Homespun Mom Comes Unraveled and other titles by Shannon Hayes
What else should I add to my list? What are your favorite life-changing crunchy books? Please share more titles in the comments below…
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page