This Dairy Free Coconut Whipped Cream is super easy!
All you need is one can of full fat coconut milk, preferably chilled, and a whipping device.
I have used egg beaters, a manual whisk, and the whisk attachment on my handheld immersion blender. The immersion blender whisk is definitely my favorite!
For whisking coconut cream with the immersion blender whisk, I prefer a 2-cup Pyrex glass measuring cup (as opposed to the large canister that came with my immersion blender).
If your cans of coconut milk tend to separate without chilling in the fridge, there’s no need to pre-chill. It just depends on the room temperature of your pantry. Update: Starting with chilled cream makes it much less likely that your cream will separate and become grainy. Go ahead and keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge at all times so it’s ready when you need it.
Enjoy your Dairy Free Coconut Whipped Cream with:
- Paleo Strawberry Pie
- Decadent Paleo Chocolate Pie
- Almond Coconut Paleo Strawberry Shortcakes
- Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
- And so much more…
- 1 can chilled coconut milk (full fat)
- If possible, place can of coconut milk in the fridge to chill for several hours or overnight. Tip: I like to keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge at all times, just in case!
- Remove the solid coconut cream from the top of the can, placing it in a bowl. Save the leftover coconut water for smoothies or popsicles, etc.
- Whisk the coconut cream until thickened and peaks form.
- Optional: add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 drop vanilla stevia or ½ tsp honey (or to taste) and whisk to incorporate.
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…