This Easy Seasoning Salt with Essential Oils is fantastic on a slow cooked roast, and would work well for other meats too. It also makes a great gift! Scroll to the bottom of this post for gift-giving suggestions.
When it comes to a seasoning salt with essential oils, you would probably expect to see herbal oils such as Basil, Marjoram, Rosemary, Fennel, and Thyme However, it might seem strange to include Lavender with this combination.
I felt the same way, until I tried it! Of course, you could choose to leave out the Lavender and your seasoning salt will still taste great. But I encourage you to give it a try with the Lavender and see what you think.
- 2 TB unrefined sea salt
- 2 drops Basil essential oil
- 1 drop Thyme essential oil
- 1 drop Marjoram essential oil
- 1 drop Rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Fennel essential oil
- Place salt in a small bowl. (Use glass, ceramic, or stainless steel. Do not use plastic.)
- Add essential oils.
- Stir or whisk to combine.
- Pour into storage jar. (Again, use glass, ceramic, or stainless steel.)
- Add a label.
Adapted from EatPlant’s recipe for Provence Seasoning Salt.
Make a huge batch of Easy Seasoning Salt with Essential Oils, add to cute glass jars with decorative labels, and give them as gifts! Include suggestions for use, such as my slow cooked roast.
To fill one 4 oz jar, you’ll want to quadruple the basic recipe. Use 1/2 cup salt, 8 drops Basil and 4 drops of each remaining oil.
Suggested Jars for Gift-Giving:
Let’s get real! I’m Kathleen Henderson, your Natural Living Mentor, and I’m on a mission to help families see the joy in real food, while finding natural remedies and creating a nontoxic home.