These muffins make a perfect grab-n-go breakfast. They travel very well and do not make a crumbly mess when consumed in the car. They’re great for brunches or events where you need to contribute a breakfast dish.
If you like, make a huge batch and freeze some for future use. They thaw well and can be reheated in a toaster oven.
Psssst! Do you know this amazing tip? Check out my method for How to Make Perfect Bacon with Zero Mess.
Egg-n-Bacon Breakfast Muffins
- 8 eggs (pastured are best!)
- 3 TB bacon drippings
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 6 TB coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 -16 strips quality bacon, cooked (check out my favorite way to cook bacon)
- 1/2 – 1 cup raw cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon. (This step can be done ahead of time.)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare a 12-muffin tin with grease or paper liners.
- Pulse bacon and cheese in a food processor until crumbly.
- Mix eggs, bacon drippings, and salt in a bowl.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder.
- Stir well, until lumps are gone.
- Add bacon cheese mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
More Breakfast Ideas
- Find more gluten-free breakfast ideas here: Yankee Homestead Breakfast Recipes.
- Also check out my Pinterest board Gluten-Free & Real Food.
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page