Sleepytime Success with Essential Oils
Not too long ago, I reported my sleepytime success with Chamomile Oil.
Since then, I’ve been experimenting with combinations of Chamomile, Lavender and Vetiver. And I’m waiting for delivery of another new oil reported to aid in sleeping: Marjoram.
Currently, I really like Vetiver and Lavender at bedtime. I place one or two drops of each on one foot, then rub my feet together butterfly style. 🙂
Vetiver has a strong, earthy scent that can take some getting used to. It doesn’t bother me, but some folks aren’t fond of it. I like to put Vetiver on my feet first, and then the Lavender.
Update: My current bedtime oils routine includes Cedarwood + Vetiver, sometimes followed by Frankincense.
Top Essential Oils for Good Sleep
- Serenity Calming Blend–Lavender, Chamomile, Marjoram, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood & Vanilla
How to Apply Sleepytime Essential Oils
- Place a few drops in a warm bath
- Diffuse a few drops in the bedroom
- Rub a few drops into the soles of the feet
- Rub 1-2 drops on the back of the neck
- Add a few drops to a small amount of carrier oil and massage into the spine
- Place a few drops on your pillow
- Inhale the oils directly from the bottle
Do you have a student (or perhaps a student’s parent) who struggles to wind down at night, or suffers from sleep disturbances? Give these oils a try, and then share your success stories below…
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…