In honor of our annual local used book sale extravaganza coming up at the end of next week, I’m excited to give away this set of 10 of our favorite children’s books.
The books are in excellent used condition, and would retail for about $93 on Amazon (for new paperbacks).*
It may seem a bit tacky to give away a set of used books, but I thought it would be fun to demonstrate a few key principles:
- It is possible to build an excellent home library on a budget.
- When it comes to choosing titles for a home library, it‘s important to be selective.
- A love of reading is contagious!
I’ll share a bit more about those first two points in the days ahead, [Update: see How to Save Money on Children’s Books] but for now I’d like to elaborate on point #3.
When I spotted each of these favorite titles–all on the same day, and at the same place–in such great condition, I just couldn’t pass them by. That is literally how I feel each time I come across a beloved title, whether it’s on a thrifting jaunt or at a used book sale or wherever. And it’s also how I feel when we discover a new favorite title, which actually happens quite frequently. So many books, so little time!
It’s one of the things I love about blogging–I get to share some of those favorite titles with others.
With this giveaway, I get to share more than just the titles–I’m giving away all ten of these wonderful books to one lucky winner. So, if you’re building a home library for your own kids or grandkids–or you know someone who is–I hope you’ll enter the contest below or pass the info along to others.
To enter the contest, simply leave a comment below.
Note: you must be subscribed to Yankee Homestead in order to be eligible to win. You can do that right here….
[Just enter your email address and click “subscribe.” Then watch for an email from Feedburner, which will ask you to verify your subscription. After you click on the link in that email, you’ll be all set!]
Remember to leave your comment below!
This Giveaway will end at midnight on Tuesday, June 25th.
*I found them for much, much less than $93, and I’ll share more about that in tomorrow’s post about saving money on children’s books. Stay tuned! [Update: see How to Save Money on Children’s Books.]
Looking for excellent children’s books?
Check out some of our favorite titles:
- Honey for a Child’s Heart: How to Choose the Best Children’s Books
- Favorite Valentine’s Day Books for Children
- Children’s Books for St. Patrick’s Day
- Favorite Children’s Books for Spring
- 11 Favorite Children’s Books about Seeds & Gardens
- 9 Favorite Children’s Books for Summer
- Favorite Picture Books for Fall
- Favorite Halloween Picture Books
- Favorite Thanksgiving Stories for Children
- Favorite Christmas Books for Children
- Our Favorite Winter Poem (The More It Snows)
- Happy Winter: this year’s favorite winter book
- Favorite Winter Books for Children
- Goodnight, Sleep Tight: Favorite Bedtime Books
- Excellent Nature Biography for Kids
- On-the-go Nature Guides for Kids
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page