Green Beans Almondine With Fresh Orange Juice
This recipe was inspired by the delicious green beans we enjoyed at The Café on 26 in Ocean View (Bethany Beach), Delaware. [We highly recommend The Café on 26 if you ever need a great gluten-free restaurant in the Bethany Beach area.]
- Coconut oil, about 2 TB
- Fresh green beans, about 12 oz (I like the long, skinny French Cut kind.)
- Slivered or sliced almonds, about 2 TB
- 1 clementine or small orange, juiced
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in skillet. (I use cast iron.)
- Add green beans and saute until they start to become tender.
- Add almonds and continue cooking.
- Juice the orange. (I just toss the whole thing–minus the peel, of course–into my Vitamix.)
- Add the juice to the green beans and cook a few minutes more.
- Season with salt and serve.
Looking for simple & tasty veggie recipes? Check these out!
- Roasted Veggies (Sweet potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli and more)
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon
- Sauteed Red Peppers
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…