Here’s an easy way to jazz up leftover brown rice. With a few simple additions, it becomes a whole new dish!
Leftover Brown Rice with Pine Nuts, Raisins & Spinach
This recipe was inspired by the October 2014 edition of Country Living magazine.
- Leftover brown rice
- Coconut oil
- Spinach, fresh or frozen
- Minced garlic
- Pine nuts
- Golden raisins
- Unrefined sea salt
- Toast pine nuts lightly. (I did this right in the cast iron skillet, over medium-low heat.) Set aside.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the skillet.
- Sauté spinach & minced garlic.
- Fold in brown rice, golden raisins & toasted pine nuts.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Add unrefined sea salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftover rice is endlessly versatile. What are your favorite ways to use leftover rice?
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page