Here’s an easy way to jazz up leftover brown rice. With a few simple additions, it becomes a whole new dish!
Leftover Brown Rice with Pine Nuts, Raisins & Spinach
This recipe was inspired by the October 2014 edition of Country Living magazine.
- Leftover brown rice
- Coconut oil
- Spinach, fresh or frozen
- Minced garlic
- Pine nuts
- Golden raisins
- Unrefined sea salt
- Toast pine nuts lightly. (I did this right in the cast iron skillet, over medium-low heat.) Set aside.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the skillet.
- Sauté spinach & minced garlic.
- Fold in brown rice, golden raisins & toasted pine nuts.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Add unrefined sea salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftover rice is endlessly versatile. What are your favorite ways to use leftover rice?
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…