For some reason, January always seems to usher in an enormous wave of Organization and Home Beautification at my house. Add pregnancy to the mix, and I am in serious Nesting Mode.
One of my most exciting discoveries last week was a Heavy Duty Laundry Bag from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Did you read about our awesome Laundry Sorting Closet?
Well, some of the canvas laundry bags hanging in the Sorting Closet have lost their grommets. It’s a shame, because the bags themselves are still perfectly fine, but the grommets have ripped out from repeated wear and tear.
The bag were an excellent find–$6 each at HomeGoods. When it came time to replace them, however, there was not a bag to be found that met all the criteria: natural color, heavy duty canvas, silver grommets.
But last week I found just the thing at Bed Bath & Beyond! At $10 each, the bags are a bit pricier than my HomeGoods jackpot, but with a coupon it turned out to be about the same.
Check out a few other Nesting Projects currently under way:
- Transforming Older Brother’s room into the Big Brothers’ Room, complete with bunk beds and the possibility of matching dressers. There is a chance we’ll have to completely re-vamp and relocate major wall-mounted shelves and light fixtures…it’s kind of stressing me out. 🙂
- Completing the Master Bedroom Re-do: bedding, additional lighting and a picture gallery wall.
- Adding Book Storage to our main level, in the dining room and living room.
- Overhauling our Spare Room, which functions as overflow guest quarters and home school storage room and has never really been decorated.
- Updating the Nursery: closet organization (pictured at the very top), curtain embellishments, added book and toy storage, assembly of new crib.
- Constructing “Display Shelves for Block Creations”, because Legos, Duplos, Trios, K’nex and the like are constantly threatening to overtake every flat surface in the playroom.
Are you working on any organization or home beautification projects? I’d love to hear about them…
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…