These truffles are my new favorite treat–easy to make and good for you, too. And what could be better than an easy summer treat that doesn’t require the use of an oven?
- 5 TB coconut cream concentrate, softened (I used homemade coconut butter
- 4 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 TB raw honey (or more)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (I used crispy pecans and hazlenuts*)
- (Soften coconut butter or cream.)
- (Chop nuts and place in a bowl for rolling.)
- Add all ingredients except nuts to a food processor and pulse (or mix by hand in a bowl) until well-combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate mixture about 20 minutes until it hardens a bit, but is still soft enough to roll into balls.
- Form into small balls and roll in chopped nuts.
- Store in the fridge. (They'll harden even more when you leave them in the fridge for an hour or so.)
Adapted from this recipe: Easy Chocolate Truffles.
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page