Looking for fun DIY valentines that don’t include candy? Try these outer space valentines–they’re out of this world!
- Also check out this fun idea from the archives: You’re grape! Valentine Bag Toppers.
- Find more great ideas on my Valentine’s Day Pinterest board.
You will need:
- black cardstock
- metallic pen (we used silver)
- metallic star stickers
- small bouncy balls
- exacto knife
- cutting mat
- Create a heart template out of extra cardstock, cardboard, etc. Make it a hair bigger than you want the valentines to be, so you can cut out your hearts inside the traced pencil line.
- Use a pencil to trace desired number of hearts onto black cardstock.
- Cut out the hearts with scissors.
- Using the exacto knife (on top of the cutting mat), cut a small circle in one heart. This part required a bit of experimentation to arrive at the right size hole for the bouncy balls! Make sure to start small–you want the ball to fit snugly into the hole.
- When you’ve got the right size circle to accommodate the bouncy balls, use it as a template to trace circles on the rest of your black hearts.
- Cut out all the circles with your exacto knife.
- Use the metallic pen to add planet rings around the cut out circles.
- Write your message with the metallic pen. You’re out of this world, Valentine!
- Add a few metallic star stickers to each heart, or draw stars with the metallic pen.
- If desired, you can include to and from names on the back of the hearts–use printed labels or your metallic pen.
- Insert a bouncy ball into each circle.
- That’s it! Distribute and enjoy.
What’s your favorite idea for non-candy valentines?
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…