This Owie Spray is an easy and effective way to soothe skin irritations. Melaleuca (tea tree) cleanses and rejuvenates, while Lavender helps skin recover quickly. Frankincense is optional, but smells fantastic and also provides tremendous soothing properties.
The next time you or your child suffers a skin irritation, no need to panic. Just whip out this Owie Spray and be amazed at how quickly the skin recovers! (Be sure to use it multiple times each day until the skin is back to normal.)
15 drops Melaleuca
15 drops Lavender
5 drops Frankincense
Fractionated Coconut Oil
(15 ml colored glass bottle with spray top*)
(Water resistant label)
- Place essential oils in empty 15 ml colored glass bottle.*
- Add FCO to fill the rest of the bottle.
- Insert spray top and secure tightly.
- Affix water resistant label to the bottle. (I find it helpful to write on the label first, before attaching it to the bottle.)
- Shake well before each use.
- Spray directly onto irritated skin. (Try to do this at least several times each day until the affected area has recovered.)
Guess what: you can also make an Owie Roller Remedy. Here’s a little video I made about Owie Blends & Sprays…
How do you handle skin irritations at your house?
Do you love essential oils? Follow @yankeehomestead on Instagram for #oiltips and #essentialoillove!
Kathleen Henderson is the Yankee behind the Homestead, where she keeps up with Mr. Native Texan, three busy boys, a large dog, an assortment of chickens and an organic garden on three beautiful acres in Northern Virginia. Yankee Homestead is where she organizes her tips, tricks and resources for a healthy life. Favorite topics include real food recipes, gluten-free living, essential oils and home remedies, all things natural and nontoxic, plus mommy musings and homeschooling resources. Find out more on the About page