The method for this Slow Cooker Roast Beef is super simple, and yields tasty, tender meat.
Tip: After enjoying your slow cooker roast beef, use the leftover meat to make this delicious Paleo Beef & Veggie Soup with Sweet Potato. In fact, for my family of five, I often prepare two roasts in order to have plenty of leftovers for soup.
Feel free to use your favorite seasoning salt. My top picks include two simple homemade seasoning blends:
And don’t skip the searing step! I’ve found this to be key for tender meat bursting with flavor.
- Heat a large skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat and add 1-2 TB coconut oil.
- Sear a large roast (about 4 lbs) by browning for a few minutes on each side.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- Pour about ½ cup red wine over the meat.
- Pour about ½ cup balsamic vinegar over the meat.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt to cover the roast, lifting it a bit to cover the underside.
- Add 1-2 cups water or broth.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- Serve with Mashed Faux-tatoes, roasted carrots, or other simply prepared veggies.
Let’s get real! I’m Kathleen Henderson, your Natural Living Mentor, and I’m on a mission to help families see the joy in real food, while finding natural remedies and creating a nontoxic home.