I’m always on the lookout for simple, healthy, protein-packed snack recipes.
My boys (including my husband) are always on the lookout for snacks that taste good. These Easy Almond Flour Graham Crackers fit the bill!
By the way, here are a few other awesome kid-friendly snacks that we love at the Yankee Homestead:
8 reasons to love Easy Almond Flour Graham Crackers:
- easy – only four ingredients
- simple – prep in the food processor
- nutritious – almond flour = protein
- long shelf life – (in the fridge)
- on-the-go – very pack-able
- versatile – snack, treat, s’mores, even breakfast in a pinch
- finger food – great for toddlers and older babies
- delicious – my family can’t get enough of them!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until dough forms.
- Sandwich dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- (Divide into 2 batches of dough, if necessary, and roll out each batch separately.)
- Roll out to about ¼ inch thickness.
A trick for straight edges with even thickness:
--Lift the parchment, dough and all, onto a baking sheet with edges.
--Using the edge of the baking sheet as a guide, fold over the thin, uneven edges of dough and gently press until well incorporated.
--Gently smooth the surface of the dough with the parchment paper.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into rectangles.
- Use a fork to prick holes in each cracker (to keep the crackers from getting puffy).
- Bake for about 6 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator.
Kathleen Henderson is the yankee behind the homestead. Follow along as we grow real food and three boys while renovating a 20-acre farm in northern Virginia. Do you love homegrown food, Paleo-ish recipes, and natural living? You’re in good company! Let’s grow together…